Friday, January 29, 2010

Zurich, Switzerland

Zurich, Switzerland, the biggest city in a nation most notorious for the Alps? No, I think its cheese and milk chocolate are even more renowned… mmmmm… am I going to starve? Good thing I ate some pomme frittes before I boarded the train from Munich. Barf. The fact that people in this part of the world can eat pomme frittes so leisurely w/ liberal amounts of mayonnaise REALLY concerns me. I’ve been away from the US for nearly 10 days and went until this very day without consuming even one fry… I figured because I was short on time and because my pants are too big in not a good way I could “splurge” for convenience. Bad idea. I wish I took a picture of the serving of fries I was handed. Holy Cow. Everyone else was doing it so I figured it couldn’t hurt… I was wrong. Fried food doesn’t do my tummy well in ANY country. I threw the second half of my ketchup (and curry sauce) drenched fries away as the guy who had ordered before me was finishing his entire cone of them?!?!?! What is this? An Olympic sport? I think you have to have a lifetime of training to eat that many fries at noon while in transit at a train station. I could seriously sit at the fry stand all day and people-watch the fry eaters… big, small, male, female, fat, thin… I just have no more words. See for yourself:



(Thank you bestinchow.net for allowing me to re-publish this photo... I may be strong but not strong enough to even stomach taking a photo like this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment