Friday, December 10, 2010

Creamy Chickpea and Tahini Casserole

DISCLOSURE: The photo below will NOT do this recipe justice!


OK, so thanks to Facebook I recently discovered that a friend from high school has adopted a cruelty-free diet! LOVES IT! So, I have been stalking her cooking pursuits (well, maybe we both have) and a few months ago she caught my eye with the words "Chickpea" and "Tahini" in a caption on one of her photos. I have since made this dish THRICE times and have changed it up each time to make it even more delicious than the last. The original recipe is here and my friend's new, fancy-schmancy blog is here, so check it out!


*** Perfections to the recipe ***


-2 cups instead of 3-4 cups rice (I cook mine in a rice maker)

-double all the spices

-mix in cayenne pepper ( I like it HOT!)

-28 oz can diced tomatoes PLUS a 15 oz can (leftovers keep better w/ the extra moisture)

-Smother the top with Daiya brand cheddar cheese (I almost wish I didn't experiment with this because it definitely upped the calorie factor and now it tastes too amazing to skip!)

-Tastes better at room temp, and the next day, than it does fresh out the oven!

-If you're especially daring, I mixed some sliced jalapeƱos into my bowl ;)


I promise to take a real picture next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment